This is my coaching policy and ethics I follow in my practice as a coach to protect both you, and me.
As a coach, I agree to:
- Conduct myself at all times in accordance with my professional status as a coach and refrain from doing anything that harms the public’s understanding of coaching as a profession.
- Respect the client at all times and work with the client’s agenda in coaching sessions.
- Ensure that the client understands as fully as possible the nature of coaching and how the process works.
- Accurately identify my own level of coaching competence and expertise to the client and not make false claims about what the client will receive from coaching.
- Remain aware of the limits of my expertise. If I am not able to provide the support you need, I will be honest and tell you.
- Disclose to clients on request full details of all my relevant memberships, training, experience and qualifications.
- Provide service to clients solely in those areas in which I am competent and able to do so.
- Attend regular professional development activities in the theory and practice of coaching on an annual basis.
- Maintain strict confidentiality within the coaching relationship, unless as otherwise authorised by the employee or as required by law (e.g. act of fraud, theft, criminal damage, terrorism etc).
- Ensure client notes and records are kept secure and confidential and that the use of computer records remain within the terms of the Data Protection Act.
- Seek to avoid conflicts between my own interests and the interests of the client.