What is coaching?
- Coaching is an increasingly popular way of supporting people to move forward and achieve their goals.
- Coaching is a two- way dialogue where the person being coached has valuable time in a supportive, honest and non- judgmental environment to think about what they really want and how they will achieve it.
- There are different types of coaches and my experience is in workplace and career coaching.
What can you expect from coaching?
As a coach I believe that you will be able to find many of your own solutions if you are given the space, respect and opportunity that my coaching sessions allow. Coaching isn’t about me telling you what to do, I will listen to you and ask questions that will make you really think about what is important to you and help you prioritise what you want to do to move forward. At the end of every coaching session, you will be confident of the next steps you need to take to move you towards your goals. The number of coaching sessions will vary as everyone’s situations and requirements are unique, but a typical session will last for around 90 minutes.
Effective coaching requires an honest and open two-way relationship, so I offer a free 30-minute introductory discussion. Equally it enables me to make sure that I have the appropriate coaching skills and knowledge to support you effectively.
Here are some of the situations where I have supported people through coaching:
- Redundancy support and finding the next opportunity
- Returning to work following a period of absence such as maternity leave
- It’s time for a change of career or job but don’t know what I want to do!
- Thinking about starting your own business? I can help you consider all aspects and plan
- Pre-retirement reflection and planning
Because every coaching assignment is unique, I do not quote an hourly rate, but prefer to find out more about what you need and tailor a package of support to fit your needs. For example, if you want help writing a CV one session is likely to be enough. If you were looking for support over a period of time to manage redundancy and finding your next opportunity you may need several sessions managed flexibly.